my history...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Trusting the Universe...

Over the past couple of years, I've really learned the value of having small short-term "goals". It started when I needed a new computer, about two years ago. That became my main focus! I had other more lofty goals too, but nothing that I felt was completely attainable for me at the time. I was monetarily broke and heartbroken, at a low point in my life. My goals felt like whimsical dreams, and I had no idea how I would ever pursue them. They seemed so radiant and far away. I felt helpless in ever getting anywhere, and needed a way out. That's when I decided to take action by starting small! Putting one foot in front of the other, with patience, was the only way I felt I could accomplish anything. So, I focused on getting that new computer....not such a smalll task, as I could barely pay my bills, living off the wages of a hospital's registration staff.

Making that decision, to manifest a new computer in my life, when I had no financial means, changed my life. Simply put, this was the moment I began to trust in the Universe! As soon as I declared to the Universe, what I needed, at that moment life started to play along! Now, my new computer didn't just appear, out of thin air. Even before I was able to declare my intention, the Universe was working in my favor. Earlier that year, I had cleared all of my debt and learned a thing or two about budgeting my finances. I was living paycheck to paycheck, almost to the dime, but at least I had it under control! I had reclaimed my power financially, and knew that I was responsible for what I had, whether I had a little or a lot! Once I made the decision to get that new computer, I knew that nothing could stop me. I was doing my best, with what was available to me then. At that point, I also made the decision that I would never find myself in such a low place again, and therefore knew that the only way I could go now, was UP!

Still, I didn't quite know how I was going to get from point A to point B. How could I ever afford a new computer? I had just enough money to keep with the status quo of every day life. This was the time when I decided to let go of my control, so that I could simply TRUST! I put it out there! I stated that I needed a new computer, and I wanted it by the end of the year! I didn't know how my computer would come to be, but I KNEW that it WOULD happen, somehow!

In the end, manifestation took place when both of my parents committed to giving me some money for Christmas (I am so blessed!). Around this time, I also acquired another job, thanks to the powers of synchronicity. Though I had toyed with the idea of getting another job, I had yet to put in the time and energy needed to make that a reality. Despite my lack of effort, the universe pulled through for me, putting me in the right place at the right time. My ideal job, a perfect means for additional income, came to me one night, when I was out to dinner with my mom. A family friend from my childhood happened to be the bartender. My mom mentioned, loudly and in passing, that I was looking for another job (I was slightly embarrassed at my mom's big mouth at the time...haha!). But this opened the door, and our friend basically got the owner to hire me as a server, on the spot, that night! Such a gift! All I could do was say, "THANK YOU UNIVERSE"!! In knowing that I'd have the money from my parents, as a beginning payment, and then having the confidence that comes from knowing I'd have more income from a second job, I allowed myself the freedom to purchase the computer that I wanted, the one that I happen to be typing on right now.

That was just the beginning. In the past two years, I feel that anything I have set my mind to (or has been for my highest good, unbeknownst to me), has come to fruition. Nothing has happened overnight, but with set intention and trust in the Universe, these smaller short-term "goals" of mine have simplified themselves, to the point of becoming reality. Nothing has felt off limits. I got a new apartment on the east side of Binghamton, affordable and perfect, just as I was at my wits end with my place downtown. I was able to purchase some nice velvety brown couches for my new place! I met a guy, that was smart and sensitive and open to my independence, just when I though that might be impossible. I traded in my green stationwagon for a (new to me) midnight blue hyundai elantra!! I was able to give up my job at the hospital, in order to focus on my financial growth at Moxie, the restaurant I worked at. I was trusting the Universe that this was the best decision for myself at the time. And through hard work and the strength of my integrity, I was able to work my way to the top of the line, at my job! This allowed me to save the pennies I needed for a small vacation with my mom, for my Soul Coaching classes in California, and ultimately for my move to Texas this fall! When I think of all that I have accomplished in (less than) two years, I am blown away. I know I couldn't have done it all so well and so quickly, if I hadn't been able to trust in the powers of the Universe to fulfill my dreams.

This all brings me to now. I still have so much I want to accomplish. But, my mind has been foggy with the stresses of moving to a new place, being far from home, and getting settled. I haven't been trusting so much. I've been fearful and apprehensive. I've lost my patience, wanting my perfect life to manifest right this minute. Writing about all of this, brings back into focus, where I need to get myself once again. I need to let go. I need to trust. The Universe has gifted me with so much, and I can not forget the power that the Universe has! I am blessed to know this and to have experienced it! So, here I go.... I am handing over my control. I need a little help, and together with the power of the Universe, I hope to manifest all my dreams, one goal at a time. One foot in front of the other has worked for me in the past. Here I am, taking that first step. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment