my history...

Friday, May 7, 2010

an introduction.

i've been doing a little thinking regarding the purpose of this blog. my ideas are expanding and growing. and i feel the need to encompass more of myself on these pages.

yes....i am an artist. i always have been. coloring with my crayolas. painting rocks. gluing styrofoam and glitter onto cardboard for miss macey in kindergarten. that's always been me. neat and controlled. talented. always staying within the lines. paying attention to detail. happy in my own little world. creating. playing with the rainbow.

and i've grown up in that world. i've grown up with that identity. stacey jean: artist.

but i'm more than just that. i'm a bohemian for sure. free spirit with a free mind. i thank my dad for that. he allowed me to wear boots in the summertime. and a feather adorned hat with my red strawberry sundress.

i was encouraged to read alot
as a child. books filling my head with ideas, words, feelings, and images. i loved amelia bedelia and miss piggle wiggle. dorie the little witch caught my imagination for sure. and ralph the mouse ran off with it on his little motorcycle. books were my way to escape from a chaotic household growing up. they were a centering force in my life. they still are.

so i guess you could say i'm fairly intelligent. i read alot. i philosophize alot. and i really like to think. i actually have a tendency to overanalyze just about anything. and then i
ponder over whatever it was that i was thinking about just a few more times. i come to conclusions. i learn more. my conclusions change. at least i'm open-minded....though, i can also be stubborn. i pride myself on having looked at an issue objectively and concluding with the "right" stance. i do know what i'm talking about. ;)

for example, let's take an issue like vegetarianism. i am a vegetarian. to me, this is the only way to live.....at least in a country like the united states. we don't need to eat the flesh of another living, breathing, emotional being. there is no reason for me, and no reason for you, to sustain life by creating misery in the lives of so many innocent creatures. vegetarianism is an issue in which you will not sway my opinion. go ahead and try, but i'm not budging. and dont think i'm a softy when it comes to defending myself here. i'm confident we'll be revisiting this issue in future posts.

so yes, i believe in living a life free of violence. a life filled with compassion. a life with a spiritual basis. i believe that there is a divine plan for everything that happens in life. i believe we've all chosen our path. we've chosen our challenges so that we could chose to grow. i believe in past lives. soul groups. and many dimensions.

and this three dimensional world is the one i know best. i love the earth. it is my school. and the people i am closest to are my classmates. we all learn from each other in this world. and i am grateful for all of the experiences i've had on this planet so far. i'm thankful for the people i can call my family, bonded to me by both blood and/or spirit. i'm thankful for my kitties too. tiger and bridget. they love unconditionally. and that's one of the greatest lessons in life.

i'm also thankful for my boyfriend, tom. he's my rock and my best friend. i know life is okay, because he is in my life. and i feel incredibly blessed. it feels wonderful to be in a healthy, loving, balanced, and respectful relationship. i've had bits and pieces of this in the past. now, i feel like something went right (thank you universe!), and all of those pieces decided to coincide so that we both could be happy. together, we're going to take on the world!! soon we will be moving to a new city. and traveling to the sunny beaches and blue waters of mexico, with all of it's mayan splendor!!

yes.... i looooooove to travel. so i plan on reporting about that in this blog as well. :)

so where does this all leave me? i guess you could say i'm an artistic bohemian type who loves animals, reading, and this grand spiritual cosmos. i want to see as much of this planet as possible, and i'll never eat an animal while doing so. i feel blessed. i'm happy. and i want to share it all with you!! my future readers. i also love taking photos.....so i'll be including many. though random and out of order at times, i hope you enjoy what i have to offer!!

offering you peace and many blessings.

goodnight.



2 comments:

  1. "I love the earth. It is my school. And the people I am closest to are my classmates." LOVE THAT!

    ReplyDelete