my history...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Embracing Life and The Year Ahead

Hard to believe, but I have already been in Austin for almost three months.  That's a quarter of a year!!  I definitely feel like I "live" here now.  I'm pretty comfortable with our apartment, with my bank, post office, grocery store.....you know, the basics.  I have a job that seems pretty steady.  "Life" is falling into place.  Also, now that the craziness of the holidays are practically over, things will start to feel pretty "normal" around here.  It might surprise you, but a sense of normalcy really makes me happy!  :)  


Austin City Skyline

I look forward to being more settled in the next few months.  I've been rather homesick, and I know part of the reason for that is because we've been so unsettled with things.  Nothing has felt solid or real or remotely permanent.  Though I do question my length of stay here in Austin in the long term, for right now, I know I need to focus on what IS and embrace it.  I am here, NOW, and Austin is a great city!!  Tom and I have barely scratched the surface in seeing all that it has to offer.  I look forward to exploring more of this city with an open heart and mind.  


Canoe at Barton Springs

As I approach the new year, I plan on updating weekly about our lives here in Austin.  I figure it's a good way for me to keep tabs on my progress here, and it's also a great way to keep close family and friends up to date on our lives.  


I actually need to get to work soon.  I wanted to update a bit on our December here in Austin, but that'll have to wait till later.  If I don't update tonight, I just want to wish everyone a quick...


 Happy New Year!!!  


Embrace all that has come to pass, and all that is bound to be!!  I am welcoming 2011 with open arms.  I'm excited to see where it leads me.  Everyone have a merry and safe New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment