my history...

Sunday, January 2, 2011

December is Past and It's 2011 at Last!!

The last month of 2010 was a preparation for the coming year, with most of our focus centered on establishing ourselves here in Austin.  Interspersed, outside of taking care of our most basic and immediate necessities (like getting jobs), both Tom and I have been working hard towards making our dreams an absolute reality.  I've been organizing my own goals, and Tom has been contacting people to do both photo and film work with, and he just joined a band!  :)  We're getting there, slowly but surely.  I definitely can see 2011 as being a year of immense manifestation!  

Marty Mcfly wannabe ;)

On top of all of our hard work, we of course made time to relax and enjoy ourselves during this festive time of year.  First off was my birthday on December 5th.  We celebrated in simple fashion with Tom making dinner (vegan enchiladas!!), and getting drinks at South Austin Bar and Grill.  My parents sent me some birthday cash and I treated myself to a much needed haircut at Birds Barbershop, right down the street on South Lamar.  It made me very happy!!  

Birthday Dinner!!  

Happy Birthday to me!!  

Christmas, of course, was upon us before we knew it.  Our families blessed Tom and I with so much for the holidays!  Thanks to them, we now have the means to purchase some much needed furniture for our apartment.  We've already made one trip to Ikea!!  :)  I actually had to work Christmas evening, so most of our celebrating took place on Christmas Eve and then Christmas morning.  We made our favorite vegan brownies and watched "Die Hard", one of Tom's favorite Christmas movies.  We opened gifts in the A.M. and just enjoyed each other's company along with the company of Tiger and Brigitte.  They enjoyed all of the wrapping paper!!  

 Christmas Vegan Brownies!  YUM!

So many presents to unwrap!!  

 Brigitte guarding our gifts!

Tom got this great shot of Tiger!  So cute!

Last night was New Year's Eve.  I had to work, but lucky for me, I got out fairly early and was able to meet up with Tom and a few others for celebrations!  Fireworks greeted me as I left work and headed home. I changed clothes and promptly met up with friends at Paggi House, a really nice place in South Austin.  We had champagne, hefewiezen, and my first ever French 76 (YUMMY!)!!  It felt really good to laugh, be silly, and let loose a little bit.  With smiles on our faces we welcomed the new year.  I'm thankful for high spirits and the jolly souls I got to spend the evening with!! 

This was on my birthday....but I kissed him last night too.  ;)    

As I reflect on the past month, memories of 2010 flood my brain.  It was a powerful year, bound by hard work and determination.  I am incredibly grateful for all that has come to pass.  Now, it is officially 2011.  Today was marked as 1-1-11.  I read this posted somewhere with the remark that "We are all ONE".  I love that!  Such a great sentiment to start the new year with.  Wishing one and all a blessed new beginning as we move forward through endless cycles of time!  For me this will be a year of transformation and growth.  I welcome it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment