my history...

Friday, May 21, 2010

the ladybug chair is finished.



and yes.....in case you were wondering......i finished the chair on time! my ladybug chair. the one that took more than four months to complete. no, i didn't spend four months painting it. i just spent about four months procrastinating. and thinking. and changing my mind over and over again as to how i would approach this wooden chair. but finally, i settled....and the battle between my mind and my paintbrush has, at least for now, come to an end.



so yes. the ladybug chair is done, and it's reception was a success.

i delivered the chair to it's recipients on saturday (i had it done on friday, my deadline, but was unable to meet up to make my delivery until the next day). wide eyes and "oh wow"s made me smile!! i said i was nervous that they might not like the chair,

that i didn't think it was what they might have expected. that comment was met with a sincere "it's more than we expected!!", which of course made me happy. they loved my ladybug chair!! and i felt complete. and i was reminded as to why i take on projects like this. because it fills others with delight. and even though i said i was done taking on such projects for other people...i think i might've been mistaken. that moment of exchange made the entire process worth everything. and there will be a little girl named "karalynn grace" who will get to enjoy my efforts for years to come.

i feel blessed that i can give this gift. the woman who commissioned the chair, later told me that i "paint from the heart". what an amazing thing to hear...a simple observation forcing me to reflect and acknowledge that which is indeed true. i am thankful for her words.




No comments:

Post a Comment