my history...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

working and grateful

YES!!  I finally have a solid job here in Austin!!  I'm working as a server at a restaurant called 24Diner.  It's a casual work atmosphere, but with a great Culinary Institute chef-inspired menu and a fantastic Old World wine list.  24Diner even has it's own sommelier!  My co-workers seem friendly, and I'm in the heart of the city at 6th and Lamar.  I've only been "on the floor" for about a week, but I'm hoping to become a pretty integral part of the team there.  I'm excited to be meeting some fun people, and it feels good to be working so close to all the downtown Austin action!  

I'm excited to be working and finally making some money!!  (I haven't had a "real" job in about three months...yes, it was nice!  Haha!)  The downfall is that, now that I'm working, other parts of my life have had to be placed on hold, which I don't like.  I'm hoping that as I get into the swing of things with a regular schedule at 24Diner, I'll be able to keep up with my priorities...like this blog for one thing!!  :)  And I really want to start some painting.  I've been incredibly inspired lately to work on some mandala art!!  And I need to get going on my Gateway Dreaming course (which I plan on starting with the new year)!!  And I reallllllly want to get moving on this Soul Coaching® business that I've got goin' on!!  

I did finally get some Soul Coaching® business cards which I am thrilled about!!  It's definitely a beginning!!  This past month, I've been making an effort to attend workshops and classes around Austin that are focused on the metaphysical and spiritual realms.  I've introduced myself as a Soul Coach, and NOW I have the business cards to prove it.  Haha!  This is fantastic!!  I've met some really beautiful and inspiring people with great ideas and helping hands.  They have huge hearts and tremendous warmth amongst them.  I'm excited to see what I can learn from these open-hearted individuals while here in Austin, and I look forward to the growth that will come through knowing them.  I am grateful!!!


3 comments:

  1. Here's to new beginnings! I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be a year full of fabulous transitions!! Yay for business cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and exciting to have a sommelier handy! I love wine but know nothing about it! I try...just not hard enough! Ha!

    I'm so happy you found something solid! That's great and I'm even more excited that you got your business cards! Awesome!

    XXXXXoooXoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks meadow and adrianna!! yes....business cards!! woo!! :)

    ReplyDelete