my history...

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Jesus Year - A Resurrection of the Soul

Today I welcome another birthday into my life!  I am entering my 33rd year, what I also refer to as my "Jesus year".  To some, this designation may sound offensive, but in actuality I think it's a wonderful tribute!!  I first heard this phrase coined about 5 years ago, when another friend entered her Jesus year at the age of 33.  I loved the wittiness of such a coining, and the idea has stuck with me.  I've been looking forward to my own Jesus year with excitement and anticipation ever since!  Now, here I am at 33 years old.  What does it mean to enter this year in my life?  

It is speculated that Jesus was 33 years old when he was crucified, brought to death, and then buried.  According to the stories of the christian faith, that would mean that he died and arose from the dead at that young age, becoming an archetypal symbol of Resurrection that has lasted about two thousand years.  (As a side note... The butterfly has often been used as a symbol depicting the resurrection of Jesus, as stated in my last blog entry!!)

The theme of Resurrection has had a strong presence in my life since I was born.  My name, "Stacey", comes from the greek "Anastasia", which simply means "resurrection".  Being born in December, there is also the pagan reflection on the winter solstice. Pagans believe in the "death" of the sun as the hours of daylight shorten, and then the "rebirth" of the sun as days are lengthened with more light.  (This belief ties in strongly with the stories of Jesus, God's "son", who died and then rose into the heavens.)  My life experience has gifted me with my own personal experiences of resurrection as well, having survived a life-threatening motor vehicle accident, and a house fire.  Both experiences had their ways of interrupting my life's path, so that I could begin anew.  For that I feel blessed!

With all of that said, the idea of growing into my 33rd year on this planet is quite exciting!  I see this year as a year of great transformation for myself (just like Jesus or the butterfly).  I am letting go of the old, and grasping onto the new.  I'm living in a new town, surrounded by new people.  I'm embarking on my Soul Coaching® career, which is an entirely new endeavor and adventure!!  Ultimately, I am reinventing myself, creating the life of my dreams.  As I look forward into my "Jesus year", I see a resurrection of my spirit and my soul!  Life is leading me to explore new horizons, pushing me beyond my own expectations.  Thirty three will be a life-changing year!!!  I can feel it!  Today, every moment, and specifically this year, I am being resurrected into a new way of being.  I am thankful for the awareness of this transformational time!!  

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of "Jesus Year"! I feel so much excitement for you!
    I've always been nervous about entering my thirties but now, the idea of celebrating my own "Jesus Year" has sparked some excitement and I look forward to entering my thirties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard that phrase before! I really like it. I will be excited to hear what 33 brings to you.

    ReplyDelete