my history...

Sunday, January 2, 2011

OSHO : Aloneness

After seeing his name over and over again on Barnes and Noble bookshelves, I finally went ahead and purchased a book by OSHO.  There's a bookstore here in Austin called Whole Life Books.  It's my perfect bookstore!!  One day I went in, and compelled by an unknown force, bee-lined it straight to his collection.  The book Meditation stood out, and I read this passage...

Aloneness: Your Self-Nature

Aloneness is a flower, 
a lotus blooming in your heart.
Aloneness is positive, aloneness is health.
It is the joy of being yourself.
It is the joy of having your own space.

I bought the book immediately.  These words spoke to me with such a strong sense of knowing. I truly believe that I treasure my aloneness more than the average person.  At times I've even been hard on myself, thinking I was weird or different for wanting to be alone so much.  But it really is in my aloneness that I find the greatest peace!!  I am happy when I am alone and have the freedom to just BE!  I often joke around that I could be a very happy hermit.  :)  I definitely enjoy the company of others, but all in moderation.  I work in a very social job atmosphere, and find myself needing alone time to rejuvenate myself.  I thank OSHO for his beautiful words, honoring this precious part of myself.  I hope this passage can bring you some peace as well.  

2 comments:

  1. Stacey I love this! I have always felt "guilty" about wanting to be alone, and thought I must be an antisocial freak!
    I did bring me peace!

    Marianne C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you could relate. And neither of us is alone in loving our alone time. Haha!

    ReplyDelete