my history...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PBS: The Buddha

The story of Siddhartha Guatama has been a centerpiece in my conscience for years.  Buddhism and it's precepts have made the most sense to me as I've engaged in my spiritual journey.  The ideas of oneness, compassion, and the belief in "ahimsa" all resonate with me deeply, as does the power that comes from focusing on the NOW!!  I've read many Buddhist based books in the past, and continue to do so.  It's good practice as I stay on my path.  

The Buddha Room at Summerhill Ranch in Paso Robles, CA.
The first time I really learned of the story of the Buddha was in reading the book Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.  I adore that book (and actually think I might read it again).   Last night though, I finally took the time to watch the PBS video, "The Buddha", and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Learning about the life of the Buddha in such a concise and simple way was a gift to myself.  I love the idea that to be a Buddha is as simple as being in the now with proper awareness.  I also love knowing that I am a Buddha.  As are you!  If you have the interest, and would like to learn more, here's the video "The Buddha" for your own viewing pleasure:    





Watch the full episode. See more The Buddha.


No comments:

Post a Comment